Soundtrack to My Life
On one of our many family road trips, my sister and I were discussing music we love and eventually ended up getting a little morbid. We decided that we would keep a list of music we love so when we pass away, a cd would be made with the music we love and given away at our funeral. Kind of like a party favor, I guess! LOL Ok, I have to say we are weird, but we meant this as a very beautiful gift. It would be a great way to remember us by the music we loved. The soundtrack to our lives, because we all wish our lives were a movie and had a musical score.
I have yet to sit down and write down some of my favorite songs, but I always catch myself listening to a song and thinking would I include this in the soundtrack to my life???
I decided to write down songs that would make it on the soundtrack to my life. The only one I am for sure has the proper ranking is my #1 song because it is a badass song! All the other ones are listed in random order. I am sure the list will change with time, and I figure this will be a great way to keep up with it. I will be able to see the changes in my musical preferences and how my life influences that.
Most of these songs are not only a favorite song but are meaningful to me. FYI, this took me a whole month and I am still not done completing the list. Also, if you would like to listen to the song, just click on the song title and it will take you to the youtube video or you can go to this youtube playlist I have made that includes all songs + the contenders.
THE SOUNDTRACK TO MY LIFE PLAYLIST
Anyways here is an unrevised list of my SOUNDTRACK TO MY LIFE:
1. Guadalupe Pineda – Historia de un Amor
3. My Neighbor Totoro (Joe Hisaishi) – The Wind Forest
7. Gym Class Heroes – Papercuts
9. Mana – En El Muelle de San Blas
12. Sia – Breathe Me
13. Romeo Et Juliette – Le Chant de L’Alouette
15. Gnarls Barkley – Storm Coming
16. Antonio Orozco – Lo Que Tu Quieras Soy
17. Hootie & the Blowfish – Only Wanna be with You
18. Clint Mansell – Together We Will Live Forever
22. Michael Jackson – Billie Jean
23. Michael Jackson – Thriller
24. The Beatles – Eleanor Rigby
25. My Chemical Romance – The Ghost of You
2. Duncan Sheik – Barely Breathing
5. Psychedelic Furs – Love My Way
7. The Beatles – Strawberry Fields
10. Simple Minds – Don’t You Forget About Me
This list is bound to change, because I was only able to go through 40% of my music. I will continue on my quest and once I make a change I will post the change on my blog. I hope I encourage some of you to make a list of your own!
I wonder if we share some common songs or if I made an influence in your music selection, I hope so!
Thanks for reading and listening, hope you enjoyed!